Monday, June 16, 2008
An update...finally...I know....
Current mood: giddy
It's been a LONG time since I last updated my blog. Sad but true. I have been getting my injections on schedule every Weds morning at 830am. I hate them. Well, I HATED them!! Yes that means that I have had my LAST injection and there are no more! Whoo Hoo. Unless you are having this same treatment, you don't know the pain. And, if you haven't had a previous breast reduction with scar tissue across your chest, you don't even know that pain. The scar tissue tears every time I have injections. All that on top of having the muscle and skin stretched to the limit once a week. MAN, does that hurt!! My last injection was Thursday and I still hurt. Sleeping is the worst. I find a comfortable spot, hope that it will work, get this close to falling asleep and BAM!! One little twitch and the comfort spot is long gone. I can't lay on my side, it's like the rocks won't move. No budging!! If I do end up falling alseep, once I wake up it hurts to move. It's like the pain starts all over. Every morning it's that way. I even prop myself up with pillows - until it's uncomfortable - which isn't for long. BUT....I only have to go through this for a few more weeks and then...YES.. i have never been more excited for surgery. I was excited for my breast reduction. But NOW....I'm excite for my breast augementation! HA! If you gotta look at it in a positive way...my insurance paid for them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted the reduction. I never wanted an augementation. And I sure as hell didn't want it this way. But, OOOOOHHHHhhhh, Raymond is excited. I'm not sure what for......there not his.
ANYWAY!! Surgery is July 11. And I should only be down for 4 weeks. Or less. Let's pray for less. I have had enough of this!! Nipple reconstruction can't be done for at least 3 MONTHS after this surgery. So, that will probably not be until after the first of the year. I've had surgery before the holidays and it was awful. Not gonna do that again unless it's an emergency!!!
So we will get through my birthday and Karley's birthday. 4th of July. We have planned our summer vacation to Disneyland for next week. AND then I will have surgery. You have to understand how mixed my emotions are. I want it done. But it's surgery. Even though I have had enough surgeries in my life, I don't want to do it again, just cuz. Hopefully this discomfort will subside enough to get through until surgery and then hopefully that pain will be short term. Ha, wishful thinkin'!!
So here's to the final stages! Second to last stage anyway. Thank God!!
Monday, June 16, 2008
An update...finally...I know....
Posted by Kimmer at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment