Monday, April 28, 2008

I know.....

I know.....
Current mood: impatient
As my days have gone by, I have had time to think about a few (really a lot) things. I have friends and family that are compassionate and loving. And I have friends and family that just don't get it. I feel for them. You know, 4 years ago. Raymond was in an accident at work that could have ruined his career. He was in an accident that left him with a broken leg. The dr's had said that they may not be able to fix it. That they may have to amputate his leg. Now the idea of that is horrifying. The pain he was going through was ridiculous. I do not know how he could have gotten through those days. I do not know the pain that he went through for 7 days in the hospital. He had pain that I had never experienced before. I have never broken a bone in my life (knock on wood). I do not know that pain. The same goes for people who have not had a life threatening disease. No matter what stage. No matter what degree. You just don't understand it if you have been affected by it. So for those people, please get yourself educated before you say things that are unneccesary. I have been involved in educating people on the disease that I have had because is has affected my aunt, which inturn affected my mom. I did this before "I" was affected by it. Now, I have been touched by it in all ways.

0 comments: