Monday, February 18, 2008
My 3 Day Journey.... Current mood: blessed
This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day.I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.I've agreed to raise at least $2,200 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $3,200.00. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can give online at www.The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. You can also call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone.I am walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day because I want other women to know that it is possible to fight this battle of breast cancer with early detection. I am 32 years old and I AM a breast cancer survivor. The fact that I was and am aware of my family history with breast cancer that I needed to have mammograms early in life. I didn't detect the cancer on my own. Today's technology is what saved me from going any further with this disease. Because the mammogram found a slight spot, my doctors had me tested. And there you have it, at 32 years old, I was in the first stages of breast cancer. Because I was educated on how this disease can affect my life, I was able to make a life changing, life saving decision before it got the best of me. I know I am blessed to have been born in this day and age to have access to modern technology. It is here. I used it. It saved my life. Early detection saved my life. And being educated early in life to know that the chances are there for me to get breast cancer. I'm using that knowledge to share it with other women and to help raise money to educate women in the fight against breast cancer.According to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, approximately 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.Thank you in advance for your generosity!Sincerely,Kimberly
Click here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/ArizonaEvent?px=1574469&pg=personal&fr_id=1180&s_tafId=40961
Click here to view the team page for Cuz I Love HerIf the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/ArizonaEvent?team_id=27310&pg=team&fr_id=1180&s_tafId=40961
For more information about the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure or the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, visit http://www.the3day.org/ or call 800.996.3DAY.
..>
Monday, February 18, 2008
My 3 Day Journey
Posted by Kimmer at 8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment