Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well, ok then..........

Thursday, January 31, 2008
Well, ok then.....
Current mood: selective
Yep, that's what I said.....it's ok....then.....
Had my dr's appt. today. I have mixed emotions. He said that my left side is completely healed. He said the right side is very close. And he said I don't have to put bandages on anymore!! Now that's all exciting...very!!!! The other part is, he said now I will start feeling the pain all over again. With the injections, and movement of the expanders. I go back in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS!!! THAT"S AWESOME!!
So I talked to Veronica, the nurse that does the injections. She said that we will start in 3 weeks (Feb 21, 2008) doing injections of 100 cc's. She said that would be better to start with the larger amount because I still have numbness and I will feel better once there is some inflation of the expanders. But, then she said, the closer to the end of injections is when it will hurt. She said we will see how my "skin" is before we continue to do 100 cc's. That way if we do the 100 cc's, then it won't take as long to do ALL the injections. It's a long process and it will be subject to change. AND... after we are done with the injections, it will be 3 weeks and then surgery again.
One thing that stinks about this.... after March 5, I have to start paying my co-pays again. That $40 a week for as long as I do injections!!! Holy.....$$$$. I know I'll meet my deductable again this year. Ha!
I'm just glad I have insurance.

0 comments: